Zig Ziglar was one of the all-time sales greats. He authored more than 29 sales and motivational books, including See You at the Top and Over the Top, and inspired countless salespeople and marketers throughout his more than 50-year long career.
Although Ziglar passed away a few years ago, his infectious spirit lives on through his work. We’ve compiled a list of some of our favorite Zig Ziglar quotations that any salesperson, marketer, or businessperson can learn from. Bookmark this page so you can get a dose of inspiration when you’re feeling low or frustrated.
1) “Every choice you make has an end result.” (Tweet This Quote)
2) “Lack of direction, not lack of time, is the problem. We all have 24 hour days.” (Tweet This Quote)
3) “Your business is never really good or bad ‘out there.’ Your business is either good or bad right between your own two ears.” (Tweet This Quote)
4) “People don’t buy for logical reasons. They buy for emotional reasons.” (Tweet This Quote)
5) “A goal properly set is halfway reached.” (Tweet This Quote)
6) “If you want to reach a goal, you must ‘see the reaching’ in your own mind before you actually arrive at your goal.” (Tweet This Quote)
7) “Remember that failure is an event, not a person. Yesterday ended last night.” (Tweet This Quote)
8) “If you learn from defeat, you haven’t really lost.” (Tweet This Quote)
9) “If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time.” (Tweet This Quote)
10) “If you don’t see yourself as a winner, then you cannot perform as a winner.” (Tweet This Quote)
11) “Every sale has five basic obstacles: no need, no money, no hurry, no desire, no trust.” (Tweet This Quote)
12) “When obstacles arise, you change your direction to reach your goal; you do not change your decision to get there.” (Tweet This Quote)
13) “You will get all you want in life if you help enough other people get what they want.” (Tweet This Quote)
14) “Statistics suggest that when customers complain, business owners and managers ought to get excited about it. The complaining customer represents a huge opportunity for more business.” (Tweet This Quote)
15) “Timid salesmen have skinny kids.” (Tweet This Quote)
16) “For every sale you miss because you’re too enthusiastic, you will miss a hundred because you’re not enthusiastic enough.” (Tweet This Quote)
17) “Stop selling. Start helping.” (Tweet This Quote)
What’s your favorite lesson from Zig Ziglar? Share in the comments.