This objective review will tell you everything you need to know to make an educated decision about this company. It will also detail the biggest, often overlooked secret that could make or break your business, should you enroll.
ACN Marketing Overview: This is a network marketing company that provides phone, TV, and related services. They are currently the largest direct provider of these services in the world, doing business in over twenty countries. They function on the concept of cutting out all advertising costs, by having their representatives sell to people they already know, and then passing on the savings to both the customers and representatives. Their flagship product is the ACN Video Phone, which allows people to see each other when they talk on the phone. The company has been in business for over 15 years, and continue to experience exponential growth each year. They are fully endorsed by Donald J. Trump; his videos have been on ACN’s website and DVDs, and he speaks at many of their international conventions. The company was also recently featured on his TV show, the Celebrity Apprentice.
ACN Marketing – Services:
ACN’s proprietary products and services:
Video Phones and Phone Service (local and long distance)
Digital Phone Service (local and long distance)
Traditional Home Phone Service (local and long distance)
Services referred to top providers:
Cell Phones (all major carriers)
Satellite TV: both Direct TV and Dish Network
Home Security Systems
DSL High Speed Internet
Discount Electricity (coming soon)
There are only two requirements to grow the home based business. One, get customers for the services that ACN sells, and two, build a team of distributors who do the same.
ACN Marketing – Cost to join:
It costs $500 to become an ACN independent representative, and an additional $149 a year to stay active. The only other recurring bill would be the optional distributor website, that comes with a downline reporting service, for about $30 a month. (DVDs, brochures, other marketing materials, and attending regional or international training events, would be optional added expenses).
ACN Marketing – Compensation Plan
The compensation plan has two main focuses. The primary one is residual income, with the goal of getting paid percentages of thousands of phone and TV bills for life. It takes a little time to build this residual income, so the company pays upfront bonuses to representative as new people join their teams and acquire a small handful of customers.
ACN Marketing – Position Levels:
Qualified: you have your first few customers.
Executive Team Trainer (ETT): you have three qualified team members. Compensation: up to $3,000 a month.
Executive Team Leader (ETL): you have three ETTs in your donwline. Compensation: up to $7,000 a month.
Team Coordinator (TC): Your three teams each have a total of 200 customer points (approximately 100 customers for each team), and you have 20 personal customer points (about 10 customers). Compensation: up to $24,000 a month.
3 Star Regional Vice President (RVP): you have three TCs in your downline, each on separate legs.
4 Star Regional Vice President: you have four TCs in your downline, each on separate legs. RVP Compensation: up to $44,000 a month + car and expense allowance.
Senior Vice President (SVP): you have 6 separate legs, 3 with RVPs, and three with TCs. Compensation: unlimited.
(a new mid position level has been added since this writing)
The figures above are the bonus side of the compensation plan. There will also be residual income profits, which are designed to eventually exceed the bonuses. You can become SVP with just 20 personal customer points (about 10 customers), but in order to receive the highest level of residual income you will need to double that to 40 points (about 20 customers). The percentage of residual income received varies depending on what level of your downline the customer is in, but it can be as high as 8%.
Although some people do receive the profit levels listed above, many people work very hard and earn less than half of those figures. In the company, representatives often reach the next position level prior to ever earning the highest profits from the previous level. So to be realistic, the first thing you might want to do is cut all the above figures in half, and realize that it is still going to require training and hard work. The profit figures will still be quite large. There are also many representatives who earn nothing, but that is usually due to not putting in any work, fear of selling, lack of ambitious, or a get-rich-quick-without-working mindset.
ACN Marketing – Cons:
- People tend to be less passionate about these services than products such as health and wellness, which comprise the majority of product lines for many other network marketing. Your customers may not be all that excited about the products with ACN marketing.
- Contracts and early cancellation fees for these types of services have left a bad taste in many people’s mouths. Customers will sometimes be annoyed with these type of sales transactions, and nitpick all the details, due to bad experiences with other more traditional companies in the past
- Some potential customers may be locked into a contract already with another service provider.
- The company began as a discount phone service, and still strives for better value with their services, but sometimes the phone, TV, and Internet bundles from the cable companies are a better deal, with the added convenience of a single bill.
ACN Marketing – Pros:
- With ACN marketing, everyone has, needs, and uses these services everyday. The fact that there is less excitement about phone and TV services then there might be about a miracle juice from the Amazon is far outweighed by the fact that literally EVERYONE is your potential customer. Your target market is huge! For health and wellness it is much smaller.
- Having some customers, who might find ordering these services tedious, is far outweighed by the fact that literally everyone is your potential customer.
- Finding that some potential customers might already be in a contract with another company, or a lower priced bundle, is offset by the fact that the company provides so many different services. If a person is willing to be your customer, you can almost always sign them up for at least one of the services, without affecting their other contracts.
- Technology buffs are often very excited about the ACN video phones.
- Donald Trump has fully endorsed this company, and it is the only company outside of his own businesses for which he has ever made such an endorsement. He is the most well-known entrepreneur in the world, and he recommends ACN as a phenomenal wealth building system.
- The company has cornered the Video Phone market, as of this writing.
ACN Marketing Summary – ACN supplies training on relationship marketing, which basically means selling and recruiting to friends, family members, and acquaintances. While this does work well for one’s own personal customers, when it comes to building a team, I always recommend that the fastest way to build a network marketing business in the information age is to learn online marketing skills. To learn how to build ACN 10x faster and easier using the Internet, without violating any of their policies, follow the links below.