A lead just converted on your website. Great news! This calls for a celebratory coffee run.
Ah — not so fast there. According to the Lead Management Response Study, a salesperson’s chance of connecting with a lead are 100 times greater if they reach out within five minutes. That means when an inbound lead comes in, you should act. ASAP.
Because time is of the essence, you won’t even have a spare minute to jot down a quick list of questions. Fortunately, sales coach Carole Mahoney has done the work for you.
Don’t wait — pick up the phone and ask the following questions.
If they converted on a piece of content:
- Did it download okay?
- How did you find it?
- Was it your idea to download this, or did someone else ask you to?
- Did you have any “a-ha” moments as you read this?
- Why did you choose X on the form?
If they converted on a webinar:
- Why did you sign up?
- What are you hoping to learn?
- Did you have an “a-ha” moment while listening to the speaker?
- What was your #1 takeaway?
- Did you receive the promised follow up?
If they registered for a conference or event:
- Is this your first time attending?
- What are you famous for?
- What other similar events have you been to?
- Why are you hoping to get out of the event?
- Who are you looking to meet?
For more prospecting, qualifying, and closing sales questions, check out the SlideShare below. That is, unless an inbound lead just came in. Then get dialing!