The month of October gives businesses the opportunity to demonstrate to the community the values they stand for. Regardless of the size of your business, this breast cancer awareness month offers a variety of opportunities to stand out and gain visibility through sponsored events. People around you will start recognizing your brand as a community supporter. This will act as an incentive for them to choose your business over others, which is the goal of your marketing plan.
Top rated suppliers of promotional products also support this cause. They donate a percentage of the sales, from the large selection of pink promotional items, to breast cancer research. This is a cause that concerns everyone and we should all get involved.
Ideas for October’s marketing plan:
1. Put together a team with you employees and their families and sign up for the breast cancer walk.
– This team building activity is very important now that the economy might not allow you to offer the great employee benefits that you would like to present.
– Some of your client’s and even prospects might be at the breast cancer walk too so you’ll score some points with them.
– Get custom T-shirts done for your team, which have a very large space to display your company’s logo and message.
– If you don’t have employees, you can invite business associates, your clients and your family, to form a team and include the T-shirts.
2.Broadcast the upcoming events in your place of business
-Put up a sign in your location, with information about the upcoming events in the community. Even if you are not assisting it will encourage others to participate.
-Take pictures of the events you attend, post some at your location and also in your company’s Facebook. It will prove to others that they can help too.
– Use Facebook and Twitter to inform everyone about your participation, and encourage everyone to participate as well.
-Remember, if you can’t afford to participate, broadcasting these events it’s still a contribution.
– Don’t let your contribution go unnoticed!
3.Sponsor a fundraising event at any level you can afford.
-Donate a pink theme item with your logo for the breast cancer walk or any other event. This will help your branding and the organizers will appreciate your donation.
-Donate a set percentage of your October sales to a charity foundation.
-If you are in retail, put a clear box next to the register and ask people to make a small donation in exchange of a branded pink item. If you want to go the extra mile, match every dollar you collect.
-Organize a fundraising between your business neighbors. Offer a prize for the company that accumulates the most funds, and donate all the collections to a charity foundation.
-Make sure your advertising is appropriate for your audience and make public how much you are collecting and giving to the charity.
Make sure you consult about the legalities by consulting with your attorney or contacting the local chapter of the Breast Cancer Association or American Cancer Society.
If you need any help finding products or putting ideas together don’t hesitate. Call or email now! We would love to help you brainstorm!