It’s salespeople’s job to make their companies money by finding and closing new customers and upselling to current clients. So it would be nice if they also made a tidy sum for themselves in the process.
If you’re considering a new job in sales and you’d like to bring home a bit more bacon, you’re in luck. A recent Forbes article divulged the top five most highly paid sales jobs of the year, based on Bureau of Labor Statistics data:
- Sales engineers – $104,660 average salary
- Securities, commodities, and financial services sales agents – $103,260
- Sales representatives for wholesale, manufacturing, technical, and scientific products – $86,750
- First-line supervisors of non-retail sales workers – $84,010
- Real estate brokers – $80,420
Not only are sales engineers well paid — they’re also in demand. “The field is expected to see steady demand, growing by about 9% by 2022,” the Forbes article states.
Looking to make a more radical career change? Here are the top five compensated positions overall:
- Anesthesiologists – $246,320
- Surgeons – $240,440
- Oral and maxillofacial surgeons – $219,600
- Obstetricians and gynecologists – $214,750
- Orthodontists – $201,030
See a trend? Better start applying to medical school now, folks.
What do you think of this data? Let us know in the comments.