How do you rate?
The following Sales Management Audit Quiz was designed to evaluate how well sales management has built the necessary systems to ensure the team is being properly managed. It is an easy assessment — simply rate your current status on a scale from one to five (with one being the lowest, and five the highest) on a variety of questions regarding training, account management, and reporting.
Once you complete the audit, review your score and compare it to the corresponding label at the end of the quiz. Then develop an action plan to resolve the areas that need attention.
1) How well do you know the true or real total value of your pipeline? (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
2) How assured are you that you know what percentage of the pipeline in the current category is required to exceed the sales budget? (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
3) How comfortable are you that you have enough pipeline potential in the 30-, 60-, and 90-day categories to exceed future monthly quotas? (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
4) How comfortable are you about your knowledge of the projected revenue you need in each sales stage category to ensure you have enough opportunities to exceed the future quota? (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
5) How well can you strategize on your top 10 potential forecasted accounts? (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
6) How well are all key accounts targeted? (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
7) How would your rate your ongoing recruiting plan that ensures you have qualified candidates available? (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
8) Rate the quality of your interviewing process. (Does it ensure the best candidate is selected, and not the best available candidate?) (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
9) How complete is each salesperson’s personal business plan? (Is it reviewed each month?) (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
10) Rate the quality of your sales training program. (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
11) Rate the quality of your CRM/sales force automation system. (Is it being used effectively? Is it up to date?) (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
12) Rate the quality of your salesperson six-month named account reforecast/strategic/tactical plan process. (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
13) Rate the quality of your six-month sales/marketing/management plan. (Is it defined for each month?) (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
14) How well are your company’s goals aligned with the compensation/quota programs? (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
15) Rate the effectiveness of your sales management leading indicators. (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
16) Do you have regular scheduled and unscheduled coaching sessions with each of your salespeople? (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
17) How would you rate the effectiveness of your sales contests and business games? (Are they planned to promote revenue and build teamwork?) (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Now total up your score, and discover how well your sales team is functioning after the jump.
If you scored 60-85 … You’re in good shape, but minor tuning may be required to make your team as effective as possible.
If you scored 47-59 … Several projects are required to achieve maximum effectiveness.
If you scored 34-46 … You will need to take multiple actions quickly to turn your team around.
If you scored 17-33 … Major assistance is required now!
If you would like additional resources on improving your sales management systems, you can find our training systems, books, and the Sales Management Tool Kit on our website: www.AcumenManagement.com. I am curious as to the overall scores, so please let me know where you rated by emailing Ken@AcumenMgmt.com. We will publish results at a later date.